– Kumba is a city in Southwest Province, western Cameroon also known around Cameroon as K town. It had a population of 144,268 (at the 2005 Census). The N8 and N16 highways meet at Kumba.
– Lake Barombi Mbo or Barombi-ma-Mbu is a lake near Kumba in the Southwest Region of Cameroon. It is located in the Cameroon volcanic chain, and is the largest volcanic lake in this region. It is one of the oldest radiocarbon-dated lakes in Africa. On old colonial maps the area was known as Elefanten Sea (Elephant Lake), but the elephants living in the area were extirpated due to ivory trading.
Until now, 15 species of fishes have been recorded from the lake
Bekondo is a village situated in the south west of Cameroon, 30 minutes away from Kumba by bike. The area where we work is called 3 corners Bekondo and lives there almost 8000 people with main source of income from farming and growing cocoa. The Bekondo Foundation partner of WEBDEV Foundation goal is to build a sustainable education center for the farmers and village. To accomplish this they are raising funds in two ways. They are developing, and selling, cocoa related products as well as requesting donations. The Bekondo Tour is one of the income generation activities to increase the source of income of the community.
Our 3 days activities comprise with:
– Waking up in the morning and go to farm with one of the chosen villager. For the next 3 to 4 hours the visitor will perform farming activities depending on the moment. It can be farming, harvesting, spraying chemical…
– In the afternoon or next days the visitor will visit the dryer system and see in real how the farmer ferment and dry cocoa before packaging.
– Another activity could be to assist to a selling of cocoa when we have chance to access the village in the period there are weighing and selling cocoa.
– Later in the evening, our guess have chance to share traditional meal with the villagers around a camp fire listening some Stories and watching some traditional dances.
This packages is prepared for those who want to live a tourism experience in the African standard. Here we travel and use the travel facilities as locals, we sleep in average hotels and sometimes homestay. The best of it is that you have opportunity to feel how people live in Cameroon and also to get closer to them, to talk and share with locals. In this way you learn a bit about Cameroonian culture and locals learn about foreign culture.
* Default number of people is set to 1. So, make sure to check how many people are and type the amount before adding to cart.
** For a group of more than 3 people, request a discount coupon, if not we will apply it directly and you will be refunded.
– Low Cost: Normal Transportation system, Shared taxi, Cheap Hotels, Cheap Restaurant… = Cameroon Life Style Cost.
– Medium Cost: Normal Transportation system, non shared taxi, Average Hotels, Average Restaurant… = Middle Cameroon life Style Cost.
– VIP Cost: Rented Car for the whole trip, No taxi, High Cost Hotels, High Quality Restaurant… = Western life Style